Friday, October 17, 2014

Missouri doctor accuses CDC of lying about Ebola situation



A physician from Springfield, Missouri, made a bold statement on Thursday morning in the Atlanta airport in protest of how the CDC is handling the Ebola epidemic in West Africa and what it means to Americans.

by John Tyburski
Copyright © Daily Digest News, KPR Media, LLC. All rights reserved.


On Thursday morning, Dr. Gil Mobley of Springfield, Missouri, made his thoughts known regarding how the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is handling Ebola security. Mobley wore a protective suit, walked through airport security in Atlanta, Georgia, and boarded a domestic plane for home.

The point Mobley wanted to make was that U.S. airports are not taking precautions to prevent Ebola from coming into the country and spreading.

“I came through customs and immigration at the busiest airport in the world last night,” said Mobley in a statement made in Springfield after landing. “ They didn’t ask me where I’d been. They didn’t thermo-scan me. They didn’t ask me whether I’d been sick. They asked me if I had tobacco and alcohol, and that was it. Where’s the screening? This is irresponsible.”

Mobley did attract considerable attention in Atlanta.

“It was like a small parade being followed by security, TSA, airport officials and everything,” Mobley said.

Mobley believes that the federal government is being dishonest about Ebola, and his message to the CDC has gained the attention of the national media.

The U.S. Federal Government was recently revealed to have submitted a patent application for Ebola.
The first confirmed case of Ebola was diagnosed earlier in the week in Texas, but the CDC says Ebola can be contained here in the U.S. “There are core tried-and-true public health interventions that stop it,” said director Tom Frieden.

“The bottom line here is that I have no doubt that we will control this importation of this case of ebola so it does not spread widely in this country,” said Frieden.

However, Mobley is gravely concerned in the lack of proper controls in place to control the spread.

“Either they’re lying or they’re grossly incompetent. Anybody can connect the dots and see that this is going to consume all third world countries, clusters are going to overwhelm our ability, and then we have big problems,” Mobley said.

Mobley’s essential message: get our act together on this before it gets in and takes hold.

“I’ve been following epidemics and pandemics all my life,” Mobley said. “My admonishment, my suggestion, my plea: start the protocols and plans now!”

No comments:

Post a Comment